Both Simultaneous Thermal Analysers at the UKAEA Materials Research Facility use crucibles for temperature uniformity. The instruments are equipped with furnaces for operation at -100-500°C and RT- 1600°C.
TGA: Investigating weight changes in samples from oxidation, thermal decomposition etc.
DSC: investigating melting points, glass transitions, reaction kinetics, percentage crystallinity, etc
- Temperature range: -100-500°C / RT-1600°C
- Mass: 0-35g, resolution 0.1µg
- Enthalpy accuracy: 2%
- Specific heat accuracy: 3%
- Temp accuracy: +/-0.5°C or 0.25%
- Range of crucibles available
- Standards: ASTM E914 , E1131, E1868, DIN 51006, ISO 7111, 11358